News and Events
Civil Engineering Department was established in 1984. All staff members in the Civil Engineering department are well qualified & have varied experience in areas of Structural Engineering and Environmental Engineering. We have well qualified lab instructors. All staff members in the Civil Engineering Department are well qualified with postgraduate qualification. Every 20 students are provided with one proctor, as a care taker.
- B.E Civil Engineering
Annual intake : 60
- ME Structural Engineering
Annual intake : 18
- ME Construction Engineering and Management
Annual intake : 18
“To render services to meet the growing global challenges of engineering industries and organizations by educating students to become exemplary professional Civil Engineers of high ethics”.
Civil Engineering department has the following well-established laboratories
Strength of Materials Lab
Soil Engineering lab
Structural Engineering Lab
The Civil Engineering Department library has 122 books, It also has provision for keeping the project work records & M.E thesis of the students.
- Universal testing machine (UTM) of 100T capacity
- Torsion testing machine for wires and rods
- Compression testing machine of 100T and 200T Capacity
- Fatigue testing machine
- Tensile testing machine
- BOD incubator
- Tor testing apparatus
- Vee-Bee consistometer
- Double shear and Vane shear apparatus
- Micro optic Theodolite
- Loading frame
- Staff members have participated in various seminars, National conference, workshops and presented papers.
- Staff members accompany the students during industrial visits to expose them to application of engineering concepts and advanced technologies.
- Students of Civil department have shown excellence in studies and other curricular activities like National conference, Inter college sports, NSS activities.
- Students are placed in top level companies in India and abroad.
Civil Engineering is one of the most wanted core engineering branch. The Curriculum and syllabus contains many important subjects like Structural Analysis, Structural Design, Strength of materials, Fluid Mechanics, Environmental Engineering, Irrigation Engineering, Estimation and Costing, Surveying etc. The Civil Engineers are in high demand in India and Abroad.