News and Events
ELECTRICAL AND ELECTRONICS ENGINEERING
The Electrical and Electronics Engineering Department was established in 1991. All the Staff members in the Electrical and Electronics Engineering Department are well qualified with postgraduate qualification specialised in the area of Power Electronics & Drives, Power Systems Engineering, Control & Instrumentation Engineering, Applied Electronics and Embedded System Technologies. Individual attention is given to each student. Every 20 students are provided with one proctor,as acare taker.
- B.E Electrical and Electronics Engineering
Annual intake : 60
- M.E Power System Engineering
Annual intake : 18
“To prepare graduates for a rapidly changing technological field and the faculty is to strive and train the students in a technically sound and challenging manner to pursue professional careers and to solve problems relevant to the practice of Electrical and Electronics Engineering design”.
Electrical and Electronics Engineering department has got the following well-established laboratories
- Electrical Machines Lab
- Control Systems Lab
- Measurement and Instrumentation Lab
- Power System Simulation Lab
- Electric Circuits Lab
- Integrated Circuits Lab
- Microprocessor and Micro controller Lab
- Electrical wiring Lab
All the above laboratories are equipped with sophisticated equipments, electronic instruments as per Anna University and AICTE norms.
We have a Department Library which consists of more than 350 Volumes covering all disciplines of Electrical and Electronics Engineering and technologies, science and humanities and management. These collections include printed books, reports, standards, question banks and back volumes of journals.
- Head of the department has put up long service in teaching in Engineering Colleges.
- Three staff members in the department are undergoing their Ph.D research programs in areas like power systems, power quality.
- Staff members have participated in various seminars, National conferences, Workshops and presented papers. Staff members accompany the students during industrial visits to expose them to application of engineering concepts and advanced technologies.
- Students of Electrical and Electronics Engineering Department have come out with good Grade in University Examinations and have shown excellence in extracurricular activities like National Conference, Inter college sports, Engineering Exhibitions and NSS, ISTE activities.
- They execute college day functions with glory, gaiety and discipline.
- They adore the gallery of project works with innovative engineering concepts.
- The students with the help of faculty members formed a department association named FOEL where the students are encouraged to present technical paper presentations and eminent personalities from the technical fields are invited to give talks on Electrical and Electronics related topics.
Electrical and Electronics is one of the fastest growing engineering branches. The Curriculum and syllabus contains many important subjects like Electrical Machines, Electromagnetic fields, Measurements and instrumentation. Power electronics, control systems, Biomedical Instrumentation, power system control, power system analysis, High voltage engineering, Special machines, Transmission and distribution, Generation Conservation and utilization of electrical energy etc. All electrical industries are modernized Most of the modern process industries use programmable logic controller for conducting various sequence of operation.