News and Events
ELCTRONICS AND INSTRUMENTATION ENGINEERING
The Electronics and Instrumentation Engineering Department was established in 1999. All Staff members in the Electronics and Instrumentation Engineering Department are well qualified with postgraduate qualification and specialised in the area of process control instrumentation and applied electronics. Individual attention is given to each student. Every 20 students are provided with one proctor, as a care taker.
- B.E Electronics and Instrumentation Engineering.
Annual intake : 60
“To enrich the students with both theoretical and practical knowledge and also to train the students to enhance the latest technologies”.
Electronics and Instrumentation Engineering department has got the following well-established laboratories
- Electronic Devices and Circuits Lab
- Electrical and Electronics Measurement Lab
- Transducer Lab
- Integrated Circuits Lab
- Process Control Lab
- Micro Processor and Micro Controller Lab
- Design project Lab
- Computer control Lab
All the above laboratories are equipped with sophisticated equipments, electronic instruments as per Anna University and AICTE norms.
We have a Department Library which consists of more than 300 Volumes covering all disciplines of engineering technologies, science humanities and management. These collections include printed books, reports, standards, question banks and back volumes of journals.
Floor Space : 300sqm
No. of Books : 300
No. of Journals subscribed : 12
No. of Projects reports of students : 254
- Head of the department has put more than 30 years of service in the field of instrumentation in Indian Space Research Organization. He has worked in the Satellite Launch Vehicles (SLV) programme.
- Staff members has participated in Seminars, National conference and presented papers.
- Students of EIE department have shown excellence in studies and other curricular activities like National conference, Inter college sports, NSS activities.
- The students with the help of faculty members formed a department association named FIESTA where the students are encouraged to present technical paper presentations and eminent personalities from the technical fields are invited to give lectures on Electronic and instrumentation related topics.
Instrumentation is one of the fastest growing engineering branches. The curriculum and syllabus contains many important subjects like Transducer engineering, Electronic instrumentation, Industrial instrumentation, control systems, biomedical instrumentation, process control, signal processing etc. All process industries are modernized . Most of the modern process industries use programmable logic controller for conducting various sequence of operations. There is a good demand for Instrumentation Engineers world wide especially in the Middle East where all oil refinery industries need Instrumentation Engineers.