News and Events
The information Technology Department was established in 2001. All Staff members in the Information Technology Department are well qualified with postgraduate qualification specialist in the area of Network Security, Wireless Networks, Image Processing, Data Mining and Data warehousing, Cloud computing. Individual attention is given to each student. Every 20 students are provided with one proctor, as a care taker.
- B.Tech Information Technology
Annual intake : 60
“To make creative and strategic use of technology, eliminating the constraints of time, location and other barriers to empower all students, faculty and staff to succeed”.
Information Technology department has got the following well-established laboratories
Data Structure Lab
operating System Lab
System Software Lab
Java Programming Lab
Web Technology Lab
Service Oriented Architecture Lab
Computer Graphics La
All the above laboratories are equipped with sophisticated equipments, electronic instruments as per Anna University and AICTE norms.
We have a Department Library which consists of more than 250 Volumes covering all disciplines of engineering and technologies, science and humanities and management. These collections include printed books, reports, question banks and back volumes of journals.
Floor Space : 300sqm
No. of Books : 265
No. of Journals subscribed : 12
No. of Projects reports of students : 67
No. of Terminals with Internet Access : 02
- Head of the Department has put up nearly 13 years of service in teaching.
- Three Staff members in the department are undergoing their Ph.D research programs in special areas.
- Staff members have participated in various seminars, National conferences, Workshops and presented papers.
- Staff members accompany the students during industrial visits to expose them to application of engineering concepts and advanced technologies.
- Students of information technology department have come up with good grade in university examinations and have shown excellence in extra curricular activities like National conference, Inter college sports, Engineering Exhibition and NSS,RRC activities.
- They execute college day functions with glory, gaiety and discipline.
- They adore the gallery of Project works with innovative Engineering concepts.
- Network security Algorithms, Image segmentation, Image Encryption and Decryption, Fuzzy logic algorithms, Data hiding, Message Passing are a few examples.
- Information technology is the fast growing engineering branch. The curriculum and syllabus contains many important subjects like Computer Networks, Digital Image Processing, Digital Signal Processing, Information Security, Computer Graphics, Object Oriented programming, Embedded Systems, Operating Systems, Software Engineering, Software Testing, Database Management Systems, Computer Organization and architectures, micro processor and micro controller, Data Structures and algorithms, Etc.,
- Information Technology Students are required to gain adequate knowledge to enable them to work professionally in both Application Project and Innovative Project areas. This is the minimum level of competence among graduating engineers and to inspire confidents in the engineering profession as a whole.